The Moaning Words allows users to create social interactive fictional stories. These stories are composed of choices and decisions each user will make. The readers will get to choose their own adventure based on their own choices.
The creators of The Moaning Words are giving one lucky person the chance to have their own interactive story integrated into The Moaning Words in time for Halloween. To enter, please follow the rules detailed below. Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
1. How to Enter
To be in with a chance to have your story integrated into The Moaning Words, you will need to make sure your story complies with the following criteria:
· The story must take place in Lovecraft’s universe: the Cthulhu Mythos. Other than this requirement, there are no other restrictions and your story could, for example, take place in the 1920s or in present day. The idea here is to write stories with multiple choices in which the users will be confronted with hard choices. The writer can add as many choices as desired.
· The story must be in Microsoft Word format and be no longer than 7000 words in total. The writing style if entirely up to you save for the content restrictions detailed below.
· The story must not contain any of the following content:
(i) racist, xenophobic, revisionist or pornographic content;
(ii) injurious, defamatory content, towards a person or a group of persons, against their origin, belonging or non-belonging to an ethnic group, a country, or a religion;
(iii) injurious, defamatory content, towards a person or a group of persons, against their gender, sexual orientation or their handicap;
(iv) content against private life, personal content, or privacy;
(v) content against human dignity;
(vi) content supporting violence, suicide, terrorism and the utilization, the fabrication and the distribution of illegal and illicit substances;
(vii) provocation or incitement to commit crimes;
(viii) copyright infringement ; advertising, sponsored and propaganda content;
· You will need to submit your story by no later than 12th October 2015. Any stories submitted after this date will not be included in the competition.
· You may submit as many stories as you wish – just make sure they comply with the terms and conditions detailed here and they are submitted by the closing date.
· You should email your story to email@example.com. All entrants must have a valid email address.
· When entering, you will need to provide your name, address, daytime phone number and email address. In case of dispute as to identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Byook SAS, its partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, Web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the competition, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this competition or downloading any materials in this competition.
All entries become the sole property of Byook SAS and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
Participation open only to those aged 18 and over as of 23rd September 2015. Employees and directors of Byook SAS, Thumbstar Games Limited and their members, advertising and public relations agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/members are not eligible to enter.
4. Selection of Winner
A winner will be selected by Byook SAS from all eligible entries received . The decision of Byook SAS on all matters related to this competition will be final and binding. By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the competition.
The prize consists of one lucky entrant having their interactive story integrated into the game ‘The Moaning Words’ in time for Halloween
The winner will be notified by email. If any winner cannot be contacted, or in the event of non-compliance with these competition rules and requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
Participation in the competition and acceptance of the prize constitutes winners' permission to use their name, address and any statements made by winners regarding the competition or Byook SAS for promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Byook SAS, Thumbstar Games Limited, their advertising and promotion agencies, and their employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the competition, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any competition-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Entrants who do not comply with these rules, or attempt to interfere with this promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions.
8. Additional Terms
Byook SAS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this competition should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the competition. In such case, Byook SAS will select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken.
The winner will be required to enter their story into the interactive story tool either on the iOS device or using Byook’s browser based story editor.
10. Winners List
The name of the winner will be announced on www.byook.com within 30 days of the closing date.
Byook SAS / Thumbstar Games Limited